http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 12, 2009

New music: Jay Rock feat. The Game - "California Soul" 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm all for keepin' it real and I've seen worse but for the love of everything good, Jay Rock PLEASE get a retoucher to clean up your press shots. I mean, look at homeboy's hand and left cheek!

I swear I should be mad at this record 'cos of its reuse of Marlena Shaw's "California Soul" originally sampled for one of my favorite hip hop songs of all time, Gangstarr's "Check the Technique," but I actually REALLY like this:

Jay Rock feat. The Game - "California Soul" [direct mp3 via XXLmag.com, right click and save as]

Preview it on imeem.com:





This kid Jay Rock got a LOT of big dogs riding with him but I gotta admit, he's holding his own.

Labels: ,


AddThis Social Bookmark Button